My name is Levi (they/them) and this is my personal site. It’s my place on the Internet where I share my thoughts and about projects I am working on.
“Live and learn”
That is one of my favorite quotes. I believe in living each day with joy and intention and to embrace failures.
By day I am a software developer building Android & iOS mobile apps. When I am not working, I enjoy running, outdoor rock climbing, building stuff for my house, and urban gardening.
In my life, I value…
- Honesty and transparency
- Open source: Sharing information with one another. We’re all in this world together and we should help each other out while we are here.
- Small business
- Asynchronous and fully remote workplaces
- Internet privacy
I am a maker
At my core, I am an engineer/maker/artist. In short, I build stuff.
Definition of engineer: A problem solver. Someone who enjoys finding problems and designing solutions to those problems.
Definition of maker: Someone who enjoys building things from scratch or modifying existing things. They build, test, and continuously improve upon what they build.
I am a software developer specializing in Android & iOS mobile apps. Code is my tool I use to build digital products. I also enjoy wood working where I use wood to build physical products.
In my engineering, I value…
- Quality built for life: As a minimalist and someone who cares deeply about sustainability, I try my best to buy and build products that will last a lifetime.
- Products built for humans: We see products (especially software) that are made for robots. As engineers and designers, lets not forget who we are creating for.
- Design that doesn’t require a manual or tutorial: I believe that products have a great design when they do not require a tutorial or a manual to learn. I try to build products that are understood at first glance.
I ♥️ 🌏
I am an environmental activist fighting for the sustainability of our home, planet Earth.
To be more sustainable, I…
- Power my home with solar
- Grow almost all of my produce I eat year-round
- Preserve foods to last in the cold winter climate
- Take part in political action to fight climate change
- Work on DIY house projects to make our home more sustainable: Solar power, restoring our grass lawn into native prairie flowers/grass, reduce water run-off into our city sewer system.
As you can see, I am just getting started here. This site will be changing as time goes on but that’s the beauty of it! I will always be putting a focus on the content with every change to the site. Come to read what I have shared. I hope it gives you some inspiration, thoughts, and questions.